My name is Paulo and I thought it would be fair to write a few lines about me here.
- I was born in Brazil (Porto Alegre, RS), but have lived in the UK for nearly 20 years.
- I am also a German passport holder due to my ancestry (parents of my parents were all German).
I lived in Germany before moving to the UK.
- I have a degree in Electrical Engineering by the Federal University of Goias, Brazil.
- I have two children and there is a 10 years gap between them. One is already in the Uni and the other still in primary school.
- I am single.
- I like to eat, but hate to cook.
- I am a certified Project Manager and have worked in this field for many years.
- So far my biggest cycling achievement was my pilgrimage to Rome in 2016, however, I consider any ride an achievement in itself.
- I have a bad left knee, which prevents me from running (torn meniscus, surgery in 2014).
- I am disciplined when I set myself a goal, but I do not persevere in lost causes.
- I am a Star Trek fan (well, Sci-Fi in general, but Star Trek is what I often go back to).
- I used to be a geek (but not a nerd), but I think this time has passed. Technology still plays a major role in my life though.
- I like dark chocolate.
- Used to be coffee only, but the UK has taught me there is time for coffee and there is time for tea. Only drink coffee in the morning now (and I need it).
- Red wine usually give me headaches, for some reason, so prefer white or beer.
- I am serious, but realistic, about the environment and I put my money where my mouth is.
- I am concerned for the future of our species, especially for my children. I think we are leaving them more problems than solutions.
- I am a short term pessimist and a long term optimist (hopefully I’ll be able to remove this line soon).
- I believe in the Christian God, but don’t belong to any religion (as in churches). I pray frequently.
- I believe in reincarnation, but that human souls can only be born in human bodies. I believe in “life” after death.
- I believe ET exists and they are watching us. Have seen flying objects that I can’t explain.
- I believe I wrote too much about me… openness and transparency is important, but mystery ads spice to life.
For now, this page is called “About me” because I have been the only author in the blog. So far everyone else I invited to write here has declined. Help me turn this page into “About us!”.